equipment ponder

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mkroher, Aug 26, 2007.

1. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about adding two tanks on the truck, approx 30gal each. I want to have a hole reel that has the double hose, and a nozzle that has two values.

One tank has chemical X, the other chemical Y. Pull the hose, walk the lawn, squirt a weed with X, squirt a different with Y.

I've seen the hose reels with dual hose setups. I haven't been able to find a nozzle yet. Also curious on how to pump; two electric pumps? Gas-motor pumps will be ideal, but more costly, and would end up being the all-in-one skid tank.

I currently have a 100 skid, I'd like to keep it for just non-herbicide only tank.

Thoughts, experience, ideas, pictures would be really appreciated. For some reason I remember someone saying chemlawn used to do it this way. *shrug*

Thanks

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Consider a Z-Spray. It has two tanks.

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Can you carry and spray two different products with the Z at one time? That would be sweet!

4. mkroher

A Z-spray would be nice, but that's 7 grand? I'm trying to get away with 2-3K.

5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to rain on your parade, but 2-3K might be shy of getting what you're looking for. I maybe wrong, I hope for your sake I am, but when 200 gal. plain jane skids are 2-3K...
    Look into westheffer.com. They're out of Kansas and make some pretty cool stuff. Just a thought. Who knows, maybe you can help someone design something and get a part of a patent. Sounds like a cool setup, but I can't recall seeing just that configuration.

6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Yes you can carry two different products with a Z. That is one reason I am considering buying one. Yes they are 7-8 grand but they are very productive according to people who use them. Why spend 2-3 grand on something that is not what you really want.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I didn't know you could spray two products!

I agree that you need to spend the money up front! I have a PG and love it, but I do like the thought of having two sprays on my machine. One could carry Three Way, and the other could have Three Way spikes with QS for areas that have Wild Violet and the harder to control weeds.

I didn't know the unit had two seperate tanks on it! So you must just switch a valve or something?

8. mkroher

I'm not looking for a 200gal skid. I'm thinking about the 25gal tanks that are cheap, like from NorthernTool, hooked up to a double hose reel. Electric pumps. That would be the least expensive way.

As far as the Z-spray, or even the Black Pearl, I don't think you can spray 2 products simultaneously. I *THINK* it's a separate tank with a separate small hose reel, and you have to stop, pull the little hose and squirt. I don't own either so I can't be positive, but from what I read on the websites that's what I've gathered.

9. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

How effective would an electric pump be? Would the preasure loss at a great distance with the low volume of the pumps make it worth your while?