equipment prep for spring?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Jan 21, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

How soon do you start prepping all your equipment, trucks, books, for the season. I usually want to do it early, but ofcourse don't. Mid Feb.?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Everything we own goes to my dealer no later than February the 1st (except trucks).

3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to do mine as in goes into storage for the winter. This year I got a late start, so I am in the process of going over all my equipment right now.

Jimbo

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I work on mine all through out the winter. It gives me something to do, and also allows me to know it is being done right. My equipment is like new when we start back in the spring!

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I just used the lazer to get the mail, Shes ready!

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

i was just talking with one of my employees today about it and we are strating next week,we try to have all equipment cared for by end of feburary...

7. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

mid-march for me, think my season started april 15 last year.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

My stuff is ready year round. Use about everything all winter, just in a reduced amount.

I do put new fuel filters and air filters in 2 cycle equipment in Feb. Other than that...we're always ready.

9. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto!

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto here. I'm not real big on working out in the cold on the stuff. Besides which, I usually have very little to do to get things in order. I do have a few projects to get to this year, though, before the season starts.

:D