equipment prices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by P.Services, Jan 25, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

tell me what you guys think of these prices, im thinking about/in the process of putting my biz up for sale and just want to get some feed back on my asking price. it will be sold with no accounts. take a look at the link to my pics if you want to see the stuff. thanks for any opinions.the only way im going to sell it is as a whole nothing at all will get sold separately.

1990 chevy kodiak- brand new box, 366 gas, 5/2 spd, 9' fisher blade, tailgate salter, 100k miles $ 8,000

1997 dodge 2500- new factory trans, new bfg's, 8' western blade 200k miles $ 5,000

2002 loadtrail equipment trailer- 24' long hardly used, 4' womanized mulch sides , 14k gvw - $ 3,000

2007 enclosed trailer - brand new hardly used, custom paint inside and out, greenthumb racks, rhino liner floor, ladder racks, led lights, extended tongue, many many more features, - $ 10,000

scag turf tiger- 22hp kawi,61'' deck, 1200hrs, new pumps, new highback seat, looks and runs great- $ 4500

scag wb- 52'' deck 14hp kohler, no hr meter, looks and runs great- $ 1000

wacker compactor, makita gas cut off saw, 3 jakson wheel barrows, a.m leanard ball cart, br600 blower, 2 older redimax blowers, redimax whip, tons of hand tools, levels, classen dethatcher 5hp new, canvas tarps, metal bagger for wb, stihl ms260 chain saw, echo backpack sprayer, 55 gallon water tank for filling tree gators, tons of other various hand tools and this and thats ive bought over the years. - $5,000

professionally made flyer's that look GREAT, 30k of them its a pickup full of boxes, company letter head paper and envelope's, biz cards, paid $3000 - $500

decals on all trucks and trailers paid $3000- $ 0 no mark up

$37,000 for everything, i have well over 75k invested
  2. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

Thought your biz was doing good. Why all of a sudden you getting out??
  3. pusher21

pusher21 LawnSite Member
    from bolton

Just curious but why are you looking to sell?
  4. P.Services

im thinking about going back to school full time before i get to old, i am doing very good biz wise but if i dont get out 100% then i will never focus on school. if it doesnt sell then i am going to buy a few new things and really go at it hard this year.
  5. P.Services

any one else?????
  6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I think your too high on is the enclosed trailer. Your trucks are about right Kodak might be a little high as I've seen a few on ebay lately go for a little less, had more miles but were diesels. Maybe the tools too but I can't actually see what you got.
  7. P.Services

yeah the trailer is the one thing i really dont want to take a huge hit on, its brand new and i have about 15k in it. so i figure im loosing 5k in less then a year. the kodiak i have about 13.5k into and have never even hauled a load of dirt in it yet. i want to put good prices on the stuff so i have a chance at selling it but at the same time im not gona bend over and take it or i will just park the stuff and let it sit while i go to school.
  8. P.Services

come on give me some input!!!
  9. jrgillabs

jrgillabs LawnSite Member

Just curious, but why sell the business and not sell the accounts? I am pretty interested though. Send me an e-mail and let's talk about it.
  10. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

tell me more about the Dodge... miles,gas/diesel,cab, condition, pics?

also does that trailer have a beavertail? What type of ramps? Pull out type or Hinge type? pics?

you can email me at passthebeerAThotmailDOTcom if you want.
    Thanks, Steve