1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Production Times

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MWM, Jan 24, 2001.

1. MWM

MWM LawnSite Member

I am looking into adding some new equipment to our arsenal. I am interested in knowing production times for the following:

Bed Shaper mounted on a Walker: Lineal Ft. per hr. We would be edging with the bed shaper then loading into wheelbarrows and dumping into the back of a 1 or 2 ton truck via ramp.

Lazer Spread and Spray Unit: 1000#/hr. I know the unit is capable of spreading and spraying at the same time. But considering tight areas, is it really feasible and what kind of square footage is reasonable to count on?

Lazer Z / Z Master Any ideas's other than the manufacturers dream world of acres/1000#/hr of production. I have been using Grasshoppers and the downtime is killing me.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What do you mean by the manufacturer's dream world of acres?
  3. MWM

MWM LawnSite Member

Dream world of acres or thousand square feet per hour. They seem to think every property is a football field type project that can be mowed balls to the wall.