1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Purchase

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cupcutter9, May 21, 2006.

1. cupcutter9

cupcutter9 LawnSite Member

Just want to know if this is a good deal? Got an offer to purchase a client list and following equioment for 6100.00
    1 Toro zero turn 38 inch mower and mulcher
    1 Snapper rear engine 26 inch rider with bagger
    1 Echo trinner edger
    1 Echo blower
    21.2cc vacuum
    1 Toro 22 inch personal pace mower
    1 Craftsman string trimmer
    All eqipment was or is garage kept
  2. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not experienced, but your question is vague. How many clients? Where are the clients located? How much money will the client list bring in per month? How new are the mowers and equipment? Does the equipment all work well?
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The equipment is junk...
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It's not even worth 1/4 of that, plus it is homeowner grade junk.
  5. cupcutter9

cupcutter9 LawnSite Member

All the equipment that I have listed in the previous post is new, all has under 18 hrs on it. The client list is around 12-18 all local.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

No...homeowner grade, plus, a 38, 26 and 21...that's redundant, they will all fit thru most gates and you'll never use them all.

Take your $6100 and buy some commercial-grade equipment.
  7. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

LOL no way.. I might would pay $1,000 for that and 12 clients aren't worth s..t

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Never "buy " a client list- to easy to get them yourself and the equipment is not worth anywhere near that.
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

$6100 for all HOME OWNER GRADE equipment. You could buy it all new for like $4,000. Are the accounts worth $2100?

I would run far away from this. See if he is willing to just sell the accounts if they are good customers and not trouble makers!

Why is he selling out?
  10. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

run forrest, ruuuuun...