1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment racks for enclosed trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jun 6, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Saw the ad in Pro Mag and checked out their site. Seems very reasonable for the tracks and racks. I've been looking for a better system for my rakes and shovels. Has anyone tried these?

2. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

I had called that company about 3 weeks ago and left a message on their answering machine but haven't heard back from them yet..
  3. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

No experience with the rake and shovel storage, but

I do have the trimmer racks, but I would not recommend them. There is too much room for the trimmers to "jump" around in the holder. Also when I do not have the mowers in the trailer they have actually bounced out of the holders and ended up on the floor with broken parts.

I Have found the holders very useful for backpack blowers(we use redmax EB 7000s)
  4. nitelife222

nitelife222 LawnSite Member

trimmer trap makes the best racks hands down!

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have all my equipment in Trimmer Trap racks, not problems..they don't move at all. I'm looking for a better storage system for hand tools and misc and these looked good.
  6. nitelife222

nitelife222 LawnSite Member

i use those things that go over a 5 gallon bucket. they are called the buketter and i also have a stand up rack for my large tools such as rakes and shovels.
  7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

trimmer trap is the best rack for trimmers but as far as rake and shovels go jungle jims has the best plus there heager rack is tops.
  8. conway

conway LawnSite Member

I agree. I have had the Jungle Jim's Gear Caddy for four years and I have never had a problem with it. Their new tool rack is great also.