Equipment Ramps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllProLC, Mar 12, 2007.

1. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

Looking to purchase a pair of portable equipment ramps for pick up truck. Any suggestions on where to purchase, brands, good or bad, etc... will be using for 36" & 48" WB'S.

2. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

LandscaperPro.com carries Strong Oxlite Truck Ramps

You can look at them here: http://www.landscaperpro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2326

"LOAD 4-WHEELED MACHINERY WITH LOW GROUND CLEARANCE INTO FULL-SIZE, LONG WHEEL BASE TRUCKS. CONSTRUCTED OF 0.073 GAUGE ALUMINUM THAT CAN LOAD UP TO 1000 LBS. 8 RUBBER TIPPED FINGERS GRAB TAILGATE FOR A STRONG HOLD. 2.5" ARCH FOR MAXIMUM GROUND CLEARANCE TO PREVENT EQUIPMENT DRAG. 0.438" SERRATED CROSSBARS PROVIDE SUPERIOR TRACTION. RUST-PROOF. 2 ADJUSTABLE 3' STEEL SAFETY CABLES WITH S-HOOKS SECURE RAMPS IN PLACE WHEN LOADING AND UNLOADING. 12" WIDE X 80" LONG ( SET OF 2 ) "

*** Remember to use the "LAWNSITE" Code below to save $20 on these ramps ***

th-73252.jpg

3. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

I am also in the market for some ramps like this to load a 36" walk behind into a truck. Does anyone know if that is too much weight to load on the tailgate with ramps? That is my only concern. If i took the tailgate off, i don't think the lip of the ramps would clear the bumper. Anyone care to speak from experience?

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Go to www.usaramp.com and check out their reciever mounted ramp. It's wide, double fold, and really safe. They're about $700, but if you're actually planning on running a route with just a pickup and no trailer I'd definately recommend this method. No ramps to slip out, it's spring loaded and easy to fold up and down, best way to go IMO.

5. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

I put my quick 36 in the back of my truck 3 days a week. Its not been a problem at all. I just bought some ramps from PepBoys and they have been GREAT!

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

a 36 will be fine on a full sized truck tailgate .i loaded a toro32 into my small toyota with it flimsey thin steel tailgate for 10 yrs with no problem. i made my on ramps out of planks and the ramparts kit. this way you can make the ramp the exact length you need .

7. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

Same here I load my Quick 36 in the back of a Toyota Tacoma around 3 days a week. Lift the disharge chute and it rolls right in and I still have room for the 21 inch turned sideways , the ramps, backpack blower, trimmer, cans, etc.. Later on I hope to get racks for the trimmer and blower. Bought my ramps at Lowes. The Samurai'a weight doesn't even come close to the load capacity of the ramps.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

for racks -i installed canoe racks on the roof and tied the trimmers on with rope. worked very well. i put a basket in the centre of the roof and put small gas cans in there. i was able to carry 4 trimmers/stick edgers/ pole hedge trimmers etc on the roof.