Equipment Rate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by equinox, Mar 19, 2007.

1. equinox

equinox LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I'm fairly new to the business I started Fall 2006 and my hourly rate is $35.00 for a push mower cut with weed wacking.

I have a Walker mower MT 20hp for the bigger jobs and I wanted to charge $35.00hr plus $35.00hr equipment rate . Does anyone else out there do this too?;) :)

2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i don't think i could get anyone to let me cut their lawn for 70/hr

just my .02

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

think about what your saying for a minute. The average lawn around here is $30-$35 and we can do 3 an hour and that comes out to $90-$100 an hour.

4. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

why don't you read his original post...basiclly he wants to charge his regular 35.00/hr and then he wants to tack on an additional charge for his mower. you're talking about 3 seperate lawns while he is talking about 1 lawn...think about what you're saying before you try biting my head off...

5. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i agree with Lurch, no one is going to pay $70/hr or $90/hr per cut, especially if your mowing with a push mower

6. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

no...what he is saying is....with his pusher he charges 35/hr...but if he were to step onto a bigger yard he would use his bigger mower and charge them extra for that bigger mower....

7. equinox

equinox LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Thanks! If I had to subcontract 2 people and plus pay myself and all 3 of us were at a job say for 2hrs should there pay be $35.00hr too? =$210.00 does that sound about right? Or maybe I'm just confused and to new

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I would never charge by the hour! charge by the job, and if you have a larger, faster mower you will be able to mow more lawns per hour.

9. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

lol, well to me its ridiculous at any rate

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I know, my going rate is atleast $120 an hour! :laugh: I try for $120 an hour and it usually works out to that or a little more, however we can cut an acre in less then 30 minutes so that works out to $60-80 a cut for a 1 acre property.

Cheers
    Jeff