1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Stolen..$20,000 In CT...Need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DoubleCutter, Mar 24, 2004.

1. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

Im doing this for a friend, and family member. This past week my brother in laws garage was broken into in Bridgeport Ct and over 20,000 dollars worth of "small" equipment was stolen. Blowers, WW, Chainsaws edgers you name it. All lawn care equipment. If any of you have any info, ideas, or seen something out of the ordinary...(ie people selling equipment for cheap) DO NOT hesitate to email me.
    Please keep this in mind and please try to remember any pertinant info....license plates etc
    There is a 1,000 dollar reward offered to any info that helps catch these MO-FO's
    Theirs nothing worse in life then working hard for what you have...all to have it stolen by some Mother F-in jerk that doesnt want to do the same.
    I hope who ever stole it ends up getting hurt using his equipment. Furthermore based upon what was stolen, it seems that it might have been another lawn care co. As the pricks even stole rakes...Please any thing dont hesitate to email me.
    I thank you in advance...And if someone here was the culprit.....I hope you get what you deserve bastard.
  2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Im in Delaware thats not that far actually and I will keep an eye out for you. Sorry for the bad luck!
  3. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Hope they're insured. But on the up side, that means all new equipment! However, your inconvenience can never be replaced. Good luck.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

damn that sucks. i got about $2,500 worth equipment stolen last april. list what exactly got stolen so i can keep an eye out for it. i still hope everyday my equipment will show up somewhere, but its been a year and no sign of it yet.
  5. sgtgm5

sgtgm5 LawnSite Member

That sucks. Im in West Haven and if I hear about anything out of th ordinary I'll give ya a call or email.
  6. LLS-turfman

LLS-turfman LawnSite Member

Double cutter, BEEN THERE, it smokes, and the fun just begins with the police and insurance people. It takes awhile to get any money out of them, and that makes it tough on your buddy to survive. I certainly hope they catch the pieces of crap that ripped him off. Ron
  7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I sometimes worry about this happening to me
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

keep an eye out in the bargain news for the equipment. www.bargainnews.com and you can search it easily online
  9. luke125

luke125 LawnSite Member

im sorry to hear that

i just can't believe that anyone would do that i know i couldn't deal w/ myself if i did something like that
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm only 2 towns over and there is a reason I won't work in bridgeport or new haven. I'm sorry to hear about your loss I know of a crew not 3 miles from me that had their fully loaded enclosed trailer stolen one night. There is a reason I keep my stuff at my house and I won't even joke about renting some shop. Its the reason I will be building my own this season even if your insured what does that matter its still costing you time and losing you work better to not have it happen at all.