Equipment STOLEN from Delaware!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Turf n Dirt, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Turf n Dirt

Turf n Dirt LawnSite Member

Is there a spot to list stolen equipment?
    I had my 7x14 enclosed tailer stolen sometime between 8pm Sunday 10/30and 4pm Monday. Someone hit the jackpot, because it was loaded!
    It was in Newark Delaware and may be in SE Pennsylvania, Cecil County Maryland, or Delaware.

2002 7x14 Tandem axle Pace (white no markings) <500 miles:realmad:
    2002 260Z with bagger (very low hours)
    36" Gravley with Velke and grass catcher
    Bluebird core aerator
    measuring wheel
    solo sprayer
    earth way spreader
    jungle jack
    shovels, rakes, loppers, gas can
    Sthil:
    036 chainsaw:realmad:
    BR420 Blower
    FS85 Trimmer
    HS80 Hedge Trimmer:angry:

probably more stuff.........

Nothing really used commercially, I was collecting and paying for equipment
    while working full time. I m insured, but only liability.

The trailer was tucked back behind my shed. Tongue lock, doors locked, brinks padlocks.

Anyone within 75 miles, please keep a look out.

Thanks.

Is there a thread for stolen items? By area or State?

2. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Mate im sorry to hear of this.Keep an eye on Ebay and the local pawn shops and hope the scum met an untimely accident.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

got pics of any of your stuff post them

4. Turf n Dirt

Unfortunatly, I dont have any good pictures. Everything was off the shelf and looks like all others, except my stuff looked like new. I even used a bug scrubby (mesh kind used for cars) to clean the grass stains off the Hustler.
    I only did 5-10 jobs with the stuff other than my own use. I abused the Gravely and saved the Hustler for my later career (~35 hours on a 3 year old unit) It's set up for the bagger so I still have the rear bumper.

The trailer was white with the typical oxidation running from the top of the trailer down the sides. There is one clean spot on the right side where I tried to clean in with a swipe of Goof Off. Cleaned the spot, but got tacky real quick since it tried to clean off the paint too.The trailer had a spare on the front with a Pace wheel cover.

The trailer is likely pulled apart and laying in a metal scrap pile by now. The equipment will be used next year I bet.

Can I report the serial numbers to Sthil in case they bring them in for repairs?

This WAS my hobby, (licensed and insured though) I think I'll get more into real estate, only the government can steal that from me. (I mean take it for the better good of the local tax base)
    :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

watch craigs list and truck trader for your stuff it may show up

6. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare LawnSite Member

Hello

We will keep an eye open here in south central PA. I watch the ads and e bay all the time. Times like this we need to stick together

J & B Lawncare

7. Turf n Dirt

Thanks J & B
    I think a forum dedicated to stolen equipment may be helpful.
    all I have left is a 2 wheel, wheel barrow and a push mower!!!:angry:
    But....I would much rather lose all that "stuff" and still have my family and my dog safe!!
    Log splitter is still here too, but man, that Sthil stuff is going to be missed!!
    Hedge trimmer had a swivel handle too...........Chain saw was a beast!!
    The blower would blow rocks!!! I used the Gravely to mow 4' high weeds and grass!! The Hustler....:cry: again ....35 hours!!!!!!

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i see a ton of white trailers and im in se pa but if you give me some destinct markings if there are any or a tag # ill be sure to keep my eyes out...sorry to hear that though

9. Turf n Dirt

Thanks DBL,

It was a Pace 7x14 tandem axle. The wheels sat inside the trailer, didnt have the wide wheel fenders.
    Ramp door in the back.
    Pace wheel cover on the front mounted spare.

Typical oxidation running down from the top due to that crappy caulk they used on the top.

There is one clean swipe on the right side where I cleaned a spot with
    Goof Off
    Aluminum colored spoke wheels.

Two shelves inside toward the front..mangled bloody mess of a dude that was driving the truck.....oh wait, we didnt find em yet.......

Prettty generic..........
    Chances of finding it are slim to none, but you never know.....