Equipment Stolen Saginaw, Texas

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by mjkelly17, May 18, 2014.

1. mjkelly17

mjkelly17 LawnSite Member

Items stolen a Few weeks ago
    Stihl BR550 Back Pack Blower/ carry handle was repaired with Black Panel Bond.
    Stihl FarmBoss MS290 Chainsaw with 18" Bar Like New
    Echo Trimmer
    Kawasaki KGT-27C Trimmer Like New
    Stihl Telescoping Pole Saw with 12'bar

Totally sucks loosing this equipment.
    Hope they enjoy there Hot Toys Next time my Pit-bull bust thru my gate trying to get someone I will Unload a full clip from my 45 first then ask questions. Nothing like the Castle Law..Hell Yea..Make My Day!

2. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

80-90% of these incidents are meth related pretty much, the more the USA sinks the worse it will become.

Did you have insurance on any of it, really sorry for the loss man hate to see this stuff happening.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Keep an eye on Craigslist for the items. Also, go to several of the pawn shops in your area with a list if the serial numbers. Offer the pawn shops a nice reward if they find your stuff. Good luck.

4. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

What makes it worse the meth-heads that steal the stuff can't even operate the equipment because their too doped up. It would be nicer if they would go steal from the rest of the meth-heads rather then the working class people. But that can't happen because the next meth-head wouldn't have nothing for them to steal. :nono: I hear you on the Pit, at the time I purchased all my equipment, was the same time I added the German Shepard and a set of house security cameras to the house. Even while I'm at work, I can watch the cameras from the phone.

5. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a garage, keep the stuff in the garage while your away and keep the dog in the house if he's obedient. That's what I do. I have the cameras running 24/7. GS stays in the house. And Equipment stays locked up in the garage, with a double key sided dead bolt. The garage door has two sliding shaft metal locks. The only way the garage door is coming up is if they run through the whole door. The only way their getting through the interior garage door is if it's kicked down or they have a key for that deadbolt. Certainly not fool proof, but it takes more time and more work to detour them. I like the idea someone had earlier about painting parts of your equipment. Pink wheels should do the trick to make it stand out and thieves pass it by. ;) I believe in putting a note hidden underneath the mower, "If this mower is sold to you, please call "xxx" and I will give you twice your money back and get some thieves off the street who would possibly steal it back from you." ;)

6. Crapgrass

Crapgrass LawnSite Member

Sorry for your loss dude.
    I'm trying to learn if there is a need for some kind of low cost retrieval system. Judging by your loss and the many others I've found the answer is yes.
    I hope you get your stuff back.

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the equipment stolen is left out in the open or trailers full of stuff with no trailer lock. Lock your stuff up and reduce the likely hood of being another statistic. It's easy.

8. newbsvw

newbsvw LawnSite Member

On 12/12/14, my 2007 chevy silverado 2500hd single cab long bed pick up was stolen from mesquite, tx. It has my lesco 100 gallon skid sprayer mounted in the truck bed.

Truck vin#1gchc24u87e122332
    lic plate dds 8519 texas plates
    texas department of agriculture numbers on both sides tda 0504755

lesco skid sprayer serial number 6211010157

i am told that there theft of heavy duty trucks is rampant right now and is being carried out by a professional organize ring of the aryan nation. That more than likely these vehicles are being chopped and landscape equipment is probably being shipped out of state.

So please pass this around so that other states and texas be aware.

9. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Jersey

Hope it does not end up over in syria or something. Hear about that plumber from tx?

10. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

No, what happened to the plumber in TX?

I too have heard rumblings of the Aryan nation increasing their profit driven crimes....

Apparently with all the racial tension involved with the police protests, they feel that more cash is going to be needed for early stages of aggression...

We live in such crazy times...