Equipment stolen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscaper3, Dec 2, 2002.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this probly doesnt belong here, but just wanted too let all of you know how we really cant trust people anymore. On Sunday night on my person company truck was left at the shop along with our other trucks and someone stole the 60" Whellen bar light plus in doing so the sledge-hammered my roof in to steal it. Going to cost over $2,900 to repair for a new roof is to be put on. So lock it up guys and here's a reminder!!!!!!

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

that's tough, i guess the shop is open access?

often we leave trucks in the lot, nothing to steal though (but the truck itself)

wouldn't you love to have caught them in the act?
  3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Sorry about that...Is that picture a "before" picture?

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Unbelievable.. some people have no respect.. I guess the only way is to weld everything together so they cant easily take things off...
  5. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing is safe anymore...
    Been hit twice myself. Equipment.
    Total of around $1100.
    I've run heavy chain/with locks thru everything now to make sure it stays put.
    Sorry bout the damage.
    Real nice truck ya' have there!
    F-350 PSD it. :)
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Sorry to hear that. But remember the old saying, locks only keep honest people out.
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your loss. I cant stand a theif.

BUT....One question???

Have you any enemies?

Any new contracts this year that someone else isn't happy about?

Back out in front of anybody while plowing?

People are crazy these days, and any of those above things could lead to someone flying off the handle (hammer) :eek:

Good luck getting it all fixed up!
  8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have to say no! I dont think is happened that way do to the roof being hit with a sledgehammer to steal bar light! They if wanted to get even could have done something to our Walker mowers or Z-Masters or our other trucks and equipment on site, the State trooper siad it looked like a theft to resell for $$$$$ the way it was done!
    I hope they find them faster then WE! As far as other landscapers I will not and repeat will not belive or will think another in the same biz did this so until im proven wrong no I wont belive its someone in the same field! If we cant trust eachother then something is wrong.
  9. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Walked out from a back yard and saw an unmarked lawn truck cruising slowly by my rig. Caught sight of me and had that desperate, criminal look on their face. Smirked at me and pulled away. Said to the guy next to me "They were looking for an opportunity..." he agreed.

That was last year. This year, about 5 months ago, a neighbor told me she saw the same man pull in front of my plce and watch my house for several minutes. This happened three times in one week. The third time she went out to look at him with a pistol in her pocket (this is the good ol' south remember). He caught her eye and pulled away.

The local rag said that someone was stealing trailers when they were unhitched in our area... thought this might have been the guy.

Nothing's been stolen yet. I'm hoping for somebody to try it while I have my trimmer running with a full tank of gas. Call me sick or evil- I detest low life thieves!

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Now that's when I'd want to leave a rigged trailer out there for them. Have a long chain attached to it and around a tree, give em a good 25 feet or so before it tears their bumper off:blob3:

I'd would it be fun to see that!