Equipment stolin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Apr 29, 2005.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Was on the way to the nursery to get 6 yards of muclh this afternoon. Had a nice mulching job and had everything cleaned out. Decide to leave the wheelbarrow there at the site. Well I come back and its gone. Granted it is only worth 50 bucks.. Who is low enough to steal equipment of any type from someone? Really had me fired up. I am sure glad I decided to take the blower and stihl trimers with me or they prob would have been gone. Anyone ever had things taken before? II have a feeling it was propably a landscaper in the area, since the work we were doing was contract work and we had goten it for this season. Any thoughts on this?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

There are guys on here (one just the other day even) that have had their entire rigs stolen. Tens of thousands of dollars worth.

3. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I had everything on the trailer stolen except the 5 gallon container of ice water. I guess they thought we would need that to cool down after seeing everything gone.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel for you. I do not like a thief. Live and learn...and please use the spell check feature next time, you don't want to appear the bumkin that you probably are....kenny :angel:

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

lock there stuff up ??? I use two locks for the tongue of the trailer and lock everything up if i will be away for more then a min

6. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

Starting my second season, about a week ago, my brand new toro 21" super recycler "fell in love" with someone else while I was having lunch at McDonald's. Need to replace straps with chains or stainless steel cables....or I don't know :angry: They did'nt even look at my crapsman and, thank's God, my Exmark 36" W/B. What makes me mad, nobody saw anything.

7. Lawn Masters LC

Lawn Masters LC LawnSite Member

2 words, Kryptonite cable, $30 to save hundreds or thousands!

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

stolen...........

9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple of 15' "brinks" cables granted they are not the best they work to keep the honest honest. I also have many krypto cables. I lock up the stick edger when the trimmer is in use even if I am gone for just 5 mins. So much competition here I have heard things tend to grow "legs" even if u r gone for just a minute.

10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

There are thieves among us. Turn your back to them...and they will turn on you.

Never, ever, leave any piece of equipment unlocked for even a minute.

I should learn from my own advice!!!!!!!!

I've been ripped off on several occasions. Lost a brand new Stihl FC-75 edger last year to crackheads. I should have known better...even at my age....but I forgot to lock...shame on me.

Life is learning process that can be expensive.