Equipment Storage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Jan 28, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

OK guys and gals. For those who live in the city, where do you store your equipment? I know all the country boys just park them out in the front or back yard. Or park them in one of the sheds or barns. But where do the people that live in the city have to store their equipment?

Do you have a small garage that you stuff your open trailer in? I would imagine it wouldn't fit the longer trailers?

Do you just leave the trailer parked in the front yard?

Do you have a storage unit that you pay to use? If so, what are the dimensions? Price?

2. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

Have a storage shed that holds the equipment and supplies (chemicals).
    10 X 20 about $130.00 per month.

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I live rite in town, got a fenced in acre back area behind my home (commercially zoned). Been lucky to never had any theft problems in five years. Everyone knows everyone in our town. I have all serial #'s recorded and all smaller equipment engraved reguardless. Got a four legged alarm system and I park trailer under a 24' x 24' shelter building. I have bins for mulch, rock & to put trash in and fuel tanks for equipment as well.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Iv'e seen a couple of guys on here say that the use a storage facility. But instead of paying the rent each month, they cut the grass at the storage facility in trade.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I do this....17 acres, though not all grass. It's a large commercial and industrial rental site. Works out great for us.

6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto. I am just starting that this year. I have a 10x40 storage unit that normally goes for $165 a month. I get it for free and I mow an acre of grass in return once a week. Has about 50 tress though, they are all mulched around however.

7. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I keep my equipmet in a high security storage facility. I've got a 12x12x30 unit that's packed with equipment. I probably got more equipmet than what i need, but it's better to be prepared when a piece of equipmet does go down. i pay $200.00 a month. well worth the investment i think.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner
    salt lake city, Utah :D :D :D

8. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

In my garage, my equipment gets stored..

It's getting too compacted in there even though I made a nice fit for the equipment.. a few more years and I will have to get a warehouse, lol.

9. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

24x36 storage unit with 4 garage doors. Packed to the rafters and running out of room! I keep my trucks & trailers outside.

Mike

10. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yah, for those that rent a warehouse.. Do you guys rent with other people around you or do you have your own facility?

ie) You rent building A and then right beside you, building B is a trailer company, etc..