equipment value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottt, Dec 6, 2000.

1. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know of a website where I can find the value of equipment? I am thinking of selling my Dixie Chopper, but only if I can get quite a bit for it.

2. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

Try the Outdoor Power Equipment Blue Book fom Intertech Publishing 1-800-262-1954

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on the used equipment forum. DC's generally sell quickly and for a high price compared to other used mowers. Condition of the machine and your location will be the biggest variables.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I put my '97 60" Flatlander (1000hrs) out in the front yard on a Sunday morning and before I got back in the house, a car pulled up asking how much. I said $4500. They must have thought it was a $1000 mower?? Anyway, two hours later the buying customer stopped by after church and gave my a $1000 deposit. Just a homeowner with 6 acres, but fell instantly in love with it. I'm kicking myself because I could have gotten at least $5500 or $6000 from him. Oh well. The phone rang off the hook for the next week asking about the mower. This is all from about 3 hrs of exposure on the front lawn! I think I got a good price for it and got rid of a big headache and allowed me to get the new Exmark!!

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Scottt, Tell us about your mower. There's plenty of DC owners here that could help you.