Equipment videos

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ians06, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ians06

ians06 LawnSite Member

Hello all, I don't know about the rest of you, but I LOVE to see equipment being used, even if it is on the pc. I would really like to see some links or even some home video, I have a camera that records video but i don't know how I could upload or find someone to host it. I also love reading owners manuals and any info I can get my hands on. Also does anyone have any good how-to vids? Anyway maybe we could get everyone to post links or videos somewhere.........I searched to no avail on this site, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Thanks in advance to all who reply!!!

2. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Any particular types of equipment? Seems like you need to get some machinery to play with or do some work with equipment on a part time basis. I too enjoy working with things like dozers, skid steers and backhoes. That's the bad thing about not being in the business anymore, the opportunity to run them just doesn't present itself too often. What kinds of manuals are you looking for? There was a box of old ones somewhere around here for Caterpillar, and case equipment, as well as the Bobcat parts manuals. Even had some video about how to use the bulldozer.

http://www.archive.org/details/ShakeHan1970

Here's an interesting video from the archive site. There are others as well.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

try Youtube. theres a lot of vids on there.

4. ians06

ians06 LawnSite Member

I actually have been operating skids for about 5yrs. and thats all I've really operated, besides using mini-excavators when needed. I just love all kinds of machinery and like reading and watching!

5. tallrick

Skid steers are nice because they are so simple to operate. Of course no matter how long you have had one you'll always find a new use for it. I have not used a mini-excavator yet, only a full sized one for testing after repairs. Put together a skid steer for home use as well. I wonder if you do tricks with the skid steers like you see on youtube?

6. ians06

ians06 LawnSite Member

Thats funny, I had a wheeled skid you could wheelie to kingdom come, I am a whellie guy(love to wheelie motorcycles, 4-wheelers, anything I can), but really don't recommend it, yes it is pretty easy to do in a wheeled machine, but my new machine will not even come close which is good, awesome stability.

7. ians06

ians06 LawnSite Member

Hey rick, what are you gonna do w/ the brochures?

8. tallrick

I have a collection of old manuals from the shop, took home anything obsolete they wanted to throw out. If I find the safety videos I can send you some, our company viewed them a few times and they got dumped, of course I am such a scavenger they were saved by me.

9. smalley360

smalley360 LawnSite Member

I too would like to see more video's and pictures.
    If you need a place to post your photo's and video's you can post them on your own site. I use webshots.com.
    You can go to my site to check out some of my equipment/toys. I also have a few video's, nothing exciting just the first shots of me trying out my new backhoe attachment for my ASV RC-30 as well as a video of my Dad playing on my restoration project (1968 walking excavator) for the first time.
    Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/album/556134193SEqFEY?start=0

10. tallrick

ASV RC30 is a nice little machine, it's a little tight in there for a guy my height, but I enjoyed the times I used one. Never knew they had a backhoe attatchment. The grapple bucket was ideal for clean-ups. As for restoration I am going to be restoring an old Bobcat, and most likely getting an old CAT loader, D6 sized. Can't wait to move to the country!