Equipment Washing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenboy25, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Greenboy25

Greenboy25 LawnSite Member

How often do you wash your equipment? Is it soap and water or hose off and run? And lets be honest here.

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

soap up with a sponge, then sponge with just water, towel dry, never use a hose on my mowers to many places the water shouldn't be apply fluid film to protect surface

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Simple Green and a sponge. Only a very light rinsing. I never spray it hard. Too much of a chance for water to get where it shouldn't. My mower is not a showpiece.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Preesure wash about once a month, use the blower from day to day to clean off. We do however scrape all the grass off from under the decks.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Never have washed my mowers, never will. Just give um a good blow off after each lawn and they are fine.

6. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Everyother week after sharpening and oil changes powerwash all my stuff down make it look like new

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I still don't think washing machines is a good idea water can get into the connectors, fuse holder, switches, and into the sealed bearings. There are some places/pivots that don't have grease serts and those would rust. Blowing them off with compressor works.

8. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I blow mine off at the end of each day, and wash the machines once a week with water and soap, i dont power wash just gentle shower.

9. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Blow mine off all the time and wash it about every 3 weeks with Purple Power spray on wait 5 min spray off that stuff is the $h!t!!

10. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Power wash once a week and than grease all fittings. I found the mean green from the dollar general store does a great job of cleaning them up. We wash under the deck every day to keep caking down and deck performance loss to a minimium.