Equipment??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jasdebcr, Jan 1, 2008.

1. jasdebcr

jasdebcr LawnSite Member

I am looking into getting my pestcontrol license this year. i would like to know what you use for epuiment? car / truck? and can anyone help with pricing? do you have a standard price list for termites? ants? etc.

Thank you for your help

Happy New Year and God Bless Everyone

2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

good luck brother, if you can get that sort of info, everyone here is kind of tight lipped or from such different parts of the country prices are all over the place.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I'll finally jump in here. Westheffer (Lawrence, KS) offers great equipment. Your local LESCO guys can help you with the chemicals. I think a C1500 Chevy would do the job just so you're not packing more than 200 gallons. Don't use a car. Hope this helps.:usflag:

QUOTE=jasdebcr;2081831]I am looking into getting my pestcontrol license this year. i would like to know what you use for epuiment? car / truck? and can anyone help with pricing? do you have a standard price list for termites? ants? etc.

Thank you for your help

Happy New Year and God Bless Everyone[/QUOTE]

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a doge ram 3500 v10, Permagreen Magnum, Earthway c24 push spreader ( lesco or spyker this year) Lesco diaphragm back pack sprayer and an old stephen l green trailer

5. TurfControl

TurfControl LawnSite Member

I think guys do it all different. I hear of some guys charging 4 to 5x there cost. If they use a bag of fertilizer for $20, they charge $80-$100 for an application. Some guys charge by the sq ft. Like $10 per 1,000sq ft. Some charge like $40 for labor then add the cost of materials Like $40 labor + $20 material = $60 application.

I think you should be making $80-$120 an hour profit in this business.

6. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

What's wrong with driving around with a bag of dylox on the front seat?
    :)

7. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing, as long as the kids are in the back away from the bag:dizzy:

8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

also kids need to be far enough away from the coffee cup full of Three way!