equipment

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JasonH, Sep 10, 2012.

1. JasonH

JasonH LawnSite Member

New in business looking to perchase equipment. Wondering whats the best mower and backpack blower out of the options I have.Gravely,Hustler. Shindaiwa, RedMax,Mauryama

2. lawnsquadnc

lawnsquadnc LawnSite Member

I have Shindaiwa Eb802rt works real good starts on the first pull every time and have had no problems with it.

3. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

I would go with a Hustler for mower, great featues & designs over other mowers and very dependable. If you can budget it, buy the Hustler X-One or Super Z they're built like tanks great commercial machines.

We run Stihl blowers, have some Redmax edgers and hedge trimmers. For blower I would go with Redmax or Shindaiwa- both great products.

4. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

That's kind of a broad question.

That's like asking what's the "best" car you should buy.

What type of grass are you mowing? how big are the lawns? do you have backyard gates to deal with? How is the terrain (Hilly, flat, etc)? What's your budget?

Many have brand loyalty.

5. nparish

nparish LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

Go with the hustler. Shindawa makes nice handhelds, most are pretty lightweight too.

6. JasonH

JasonH LawnSite Member

Ok thank you I've been looking at the X1 and for the price think that's the one. Think shindaiwa for a blower. I have a shindaiwa T260 trimmer and can't kill it