equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fishnetman, Dec 22, 2003.

1. fishnetman

fishnetman LawnSite Member

Buy equipmeny online or from a local dealer,any opinions.

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Depends on what you are buying. I might buy a string trimmer online, but definitely not a Z-rider.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I bought a 750 Dollar side bagger that DID NOT WORK and had to eat it.
    If i got it threw a dealer i would have gotten a refund.
    John
    Merry Christmas.

4. chines63

chines63 LawnSite Member

Bought 2001 lazer 48" , no problem last year, but be very careful.

5. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

I have purchased most of my equipment on line, backpack blower, a 48" Lazer ZHP, a 48" TTHP, a trailer, etc., etc.
    Perhaps I'm lucky, but everything has been as advertized. Just be sure you ask questions.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have no problems buying over the internet. I am not sure I will buy my next mower of the internet. It hasn't been a problem since I am part time. If I was full time, I would like the added comfort knowing that I have a loaner available. The local dealer, at first, I think was kind of upset/bitter that I bought my mower off the internet, but he knows I come to him when I need parts and other stuff. He has lightened up since.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Remember that the dealers are just like you. Trying to earn a living. Don't complain about customers saving a buck on you if your trying to save a buck on everyone else. If you do this for a living and your life depends on it, there is nothing better than a good dealer you have a relationship with. At some point this guy will be very important to you.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER!!! :realmad:

9. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my dump trailer on line. Couldn't find one like I wanted locally (with landscaper gate). Bought it in Alabama and got a GOOD (really good) price. Picked it up on my way back from FLorida vacation, which made most of my travel a business expense & deductible. CHA-CHING! :)

I have also bought smaller items such as blades & filters & OCDC & baggers on line all with good results.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL Lawnsiters!!!

Mike

10. MIMAINTAINCE

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

I have bought a couple of backpack blowers and a stick edger off ebay as well as my first w/b. The w/b was in state though. I dont know if i would by another mower of ebay, but i would continue 2 buy backpacks, trimmers, and edgers.