Equiptment Storage Building

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Lynden-Jeff, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

This has been my first year mowing. I have just been tarping my trailer which hasen't been the best nor has it been secure. I was going to store my equiptment in my friends garage (owns the property, I own a unit in a house) but he needs the space. However he has said I can build my own storage area. I have figured on a 16 by 8-10-12 foot shed type building. 2 4 foot dorrs (8 ft total space) and no windows. Does anyone have any suggestions? Althought I won't be pulling the trailer in it will atleast give me winter storage and storage for the summer.

Cheers
    Jeff

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I say build a single car garage, but a bit longer than the trailer so that you have some store space around it. That way, you can back your trailer in it for night time security and you still have the extra storage space.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Find some one with unused garage space and barter with them. I found 2 different garages where this worked.

4. coolbreeze

coolbreeze LawnSite Member

i'm in a similar situation since i use an open trailer. i was thinking about a storage building like the u-haul places. has anyone tried this? i have seen a few that allows 24 hour access with cct.