Eric and ne1 else-mower tire question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Hey eric, I heard u say that the turf boss II DC tires come in 22-11-8 and 25-12-9.....are these the only sizes? Well My Lazer HP uses 23-9.50-12's, I don't believe the boss II would work unless they had a 12" rim, right? Or could I fit the 8" or 9" rims on there as well?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Only if your Lazer Z HP uses a 4 lug wheel. DC's are 4 lug. The full size Lazers use a 5 lug wheel.

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I changed my flatlander over to the turf boss 2 tires with the 25 x 12 x 9 wheels and really like the results. The mower seems to sit more level and if you think it was quick before you need to see what it can do now. It was just a shade slower than my 2 suburb'n turbn's, but not anymore, it will now run away from both of them. Maybe DC should make this an option? Lynn

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Vibe Ray, sorry but the DC parts Do Not work out on Exmarks too good. About the only thing you can change that will fit is the valve stem caps. :laugh:

5. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

My full size Lazer does not have 5 lugs it has only 4.

6. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Do they make the "boss" tires in 12" rims?

7. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

My lazer only has 4 lugs, does that mean it will fit or do the rims have to be 12" in order to fit? Again I have 23-9.50-12's. And eric are those the only two sizes the boos II's come in?

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Lynn,you answered a question that I had yet to ask.I was thinking of putting the 25" tires on mine to improve the speed,and more importantly,raise it in the rear.The DC spec sheet says my xw can mow to 5 7/8" height,at the top notch,spacers out I can only mow about 4".If its really growing i cant raise the deck any more,since I mow at 3 1/2-4" on lawns,I need it to cut a hair higher.The machine sits way to rear low anyway.I think the ride would improve a litte too,which could only help.

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

SMB and Vibe Ray, the only two sizes is what I quoted. They make them for 8" and 9" rims.

10. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Good grief! 8" and 9" rims are TINY! I've got a couple 3 lug 8" rims on a little 7 HP lawn tractor! That must be a tremendous tire, to go from a 9" rim to a 25 tire.