1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Eric@ELM,tell me more about the VTC kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John DiMartino, Nov 13, 2000.

1. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Eric,I heard you say that you can buy a VTC kit for the older systems.Will that make it as smooth as the new ones too?,or just double the life of system.I seem to be the only one who can mow with the DC,and make straight stripes,my wife darts all over the place so bad I wont even let her mow my yard,if it will help smoothen out the jerkiness,Id consider it money well spent.Im due to cahnge my filters and flush the system on my 2000 this winter/spring,so I'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone If I could,getting out all the breakin oil will help too,Im sure.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

John, it will make it as smooth as silk with the kit in it. If you have driven a VTC Chopper, yours will be the same way. They also have these kits for the Diesels if you know of anyone with them. The diesels have a few upgrades, one is the electric fuel pump. The old pumps put out 2 lbs. pressure, this puts out 6 lbs. pressure and sure livened up mine when I put it on today. :) Arrrr Arrrr
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you Eric,that was fast!I will be headed to my dealer to order one this week.Did you put one on the 95 Chopper? The fuel pump you are reffereing to is the lift pump-right?They do make a big difference in power if the stock settings were a little low.A side benefit is longer injection pump life,now with more fuel flowing thru it,it will run cooler.