Eric Elm..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wells, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but wasn't sure where else to put it.

I've only been a member of this site for about the past 2 months. I keep reading old threads and find alot of talk about the individual Eric Elm.

It sounds as though Eric passed away within the past year or so, and it looks like he was a big contributer to this site and was admired by all.

Would someone who was around back in the days of Eric mind sharing with those of us who joined after his passing some information about him. Perhaps where he was from, how he helped you, the type of person he was, etc.

2. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Eric was a moderator for the forum and was around way back in teh begining as I was. He put alot of time and effort into making lawnsite what it is today. He was from around the Chicago area and passed away to early from a heart condition. He was a good guy for advice and boy did he love showin off those stipes with the dixie....

3. Quite simply he was one great human being ...a great man in this industry

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

He is one of the best, when it comes to people. A good thing to do, would be look up his name on the search function, and that will take you to all his posts. He was a moderator here for good long time, giving an enormous amount of information, assistance, friendliness, and goodwill to everyone who came on. Later, he decided to branch out on his own, and create his own forums with a site very similar to this. Even though he passed, the site is still up and running, and is moderated by one who is also a member here. So, you can see the goodwill and generosity among people who share these these forums, as we are all professional, and can conduct ourselves as such. It's almost like a network of people with the goodness and willingness to help one another. And again,... Eric was one of the best when it came to this. True class - in every sense of the word.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Eric and I would spend hours in the chat room. I miss those days. His parrot ,Casey was at his side. Whether you had $100 worth of equipment or $100,000 worth of equipment, he would always find the time to answer all your questions. Check out his web site. The stripes are real cool and almost mind boggling.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Eric was a great man who would bend over backwards to help anybody at anytime. His wealth of knowledge was available to all and he didn't mind sharing it with anybody.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Not to say anything bad about lawnsite, but when i first joined one day i couldnt log on. After 2 days and no responce I e-mailed eric directly, and the problem was fixed in about 5 min, with a reply from him. He is where i learned of double blades from. Look at the thread about what you have learned from lawnsite, and all the people saying double blades probably got that from eric.

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Eric wasa good friend to all that knew him. He gave and gave at this forum. You can read what he posted by accessing this link: Eric's post

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe this will work!

eric&charlotte.jpg

10. A true legend is what he was.I knew Eric for a long time and think about him often.He had a passion for this business.One of the most brillant creative minds in this industry.He was to lawn care like Ernest Hemingway was to writing.I miss you my friend:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: