Eric, how does 26efi compare with 26d

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee b, Nov 17, 2001.

1. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Eric, how does your 26 efi compare to your 26 yanmar diesel? I was wondering why you chose to get the efi over another diesel? Is the efi fairly close to the diesel in power output. I'm considering replacing my last JD tractor with another z, and I would like a 72" deck, will the 26 efi handle this size deck? Sorry for so many questions.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

just wondering why u wanna get rid of ur last tractor. however to answer ur question i think if eric wasnt totally satisfied with his purchase he would trade it in. of course im sure he loves his dixies no matter how good they are lol

3. If I'm not mistaken ERICatELM has a diesel not the 26hpEFI Kohler. He also has an older DC with a 22hp Kohler. Also when comparing gas to diesel, is like apples to oranges. Better fuel usage on the diesel, plus more torque. And I have used a DC 72" with a 25hp Kohler, not the 26efi, and it handled it well.

When you buy the diesel you will pay about $2500 to $3000 more for the diesel.

I dunno ERIC did you buy another mower and not tell us?

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i believe he has three

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes Mike, he has three now. Take a look at his equqipment page on his website.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sorry I haven't been around to answer questions, but I have been on vacation and we just got home.

Well I can talk about my engines here at least. The 26 EFI will handle 78" of cut as good as my 26 Yanmar will handle 60" of cut. I've heard so many good things said about the 26 EFI, I had to have one. The Yanmar is more fuel efficiant than the EFI, but the EFI is one gusty engine.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I can't speak for the diesel but the 26EFI shows 41.6ft/lbs@2200rpm's.

I have no problems with it. Probably would get another.