Eric The Snowman

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pace lawn care, Dec 11, 2000.

1. pace lawn care

pace lawn care LawnSite Member

Man am I glad it's you if you like the snow, cause I hate the cold! Here in south Arkansas it's 65 & in north Ar. it's 15. I love 75-80 myself. Good luck to all, be safe & Merry Christmas.
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i saw on the news all the snow chicago got. I thought of all the fun your havin Eric. Im jelous! The first storm is always fun!
  3. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a LOT of snow here, in Detroit, as well ... 7" fell at my house(Wayne County) ... but, in the county just north of here, they got between 12" and 16" ... MAN ... I won't even leave the house when more then 4 inches have fallen ... and MANNNNN IS IT COLLLLLLLDDDDDD ... with windchill, it's -20 degrees today .. tomorrows high is 8 degrees (who knows with windchill) ... ugh .. I can't WAIT to get out of Michigan.

[Edited by stick9 on 12-12-2000 at 06:04 PM]
  4. kmcutters

kmcutters LawnSite Member

I live near Battle Creek Michigan and we got about 15 inches of the snow.I cant wait to get my lawn biz going so I can make some money to buy a plow truck and make winter money too.

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

How come your not plowing????
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

This is only the second day I have missed at work because of snow in 15 years. I usually snowmobile in but didn't bother today, turns out they closed the plant anyway. We have a drift 5' high and 300 feet long across and down the length of our driveway. I don't do snow removal other than my own either. I have a neighbour with 100 hp tractor usually do the driveway. I also have a 28" walk behind that I play with. Time to do the books I guess.... yuck.
  7. Bob's Lawn Care

Bob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Its a beautiful day here in Central New York. A nice sunny day, temps in the low 20's with 20-30 mph northwest winds gusting up to 50mph. The windchild is around -50 degrees. There is only a couple of inches of snow where I live but there is plenty more up north. Just enough to go snowmobiling, but more would be better.

It just doesnt get any better than that!
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We have a place in Florida, my Dad called this morning to ask how things are? He knows right well we are up to our a**es in it. I think he spends half his time there praying for bad weather up here. Last week he called while it was storming here, he was doing some cement work on the walkways.. just stopped for another cold drink and thought he should see how we are doing....
  9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Cincinnati to visit. It was 18 deg when we left Cinti. It was 75 deg when we landed in Ft myers. We lived all our lives in Cinti until 2 1/2 years. That trip just made me sure of why we moved south. I'm sorry, but I don't know how or why we put up with that for so long. It's great to live in shorts and tee's all year long! 300 plus days of sunshine a yr. I'll take it.
  10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Bobs lawn care,
    Hey Bob, I live in Syracuse, and we have the same crappy weather here.
    I wish it would just dump some snow and give these guys plowing some more work.
    These little storms are not doing us any good we need a good dumping
    Hey i ride up to tug hill all the time, and there is rumor they got like 18 inches today !!!
    I am loading the sled up tonight !!!