1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ERIC vs. Simplicity

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kutnkru, Mar 8, 2001.

1. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT!!! Someone from Simplicity Manufacturing has been to EricELMs website and has $$$cashed$$$ in on his mowing techniques.

Well, its true and unfortunately for our good friend Eric it looks as though his days are numbered as the No.1 producer of ribbon cuts.

I just hope that he doesnt forget all of us here at LS when he is forced into early retirement. >(

J/K Eric, thought it was rather coincidental how after the success of your site they come out with this. Guess you.ve been a trend setter all along and just never knew it -he.he.he

Good Luck this season Eric. You.re going to need it with America on riding on the tails of your coat!!

2. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm, wonder why they dont have photo examples of those striping patterns like Erics

Makes me think, maybe they cant cut it!
    No problem drawing it though!
    I wouldve at least used green ink!(LOL!)
  3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never seen anything like Eric's lawns. Probably easily the best I have seen. I strive for that kind of looking lawn =).
  4. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Coronet 14 HP hydro with a 34" cut with full width rollers across the rear of the deck. Simplicity brochures picture a striped lawn with their deck since all have these rollers which produce the same result as a slider on a W/B,
    The machine is intended as a backup that I can get into gated back yards yet still provide a quality cut/bag and tow accessories easily if needed.
  5. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

kutnkru, I dont think that Eric invented lawn strping.
    But I think he has taken it to another leval.