1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Eric's page of posts links

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Island Lawn, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody else having trouble accessing eric's page of LS lawncare posts links?

I found it a great resource for getting those ancient posts.
    Having all the topics there in front of me let me know what I didn't know and all I had to do was click!

Trouble started a week or two ago (10 days-ish). All of a sudden all I get is the title and the first few blocks. The blocks with the actual links to LS posts never materialize. Not once after many daily tries.
    I tried (and continue to try) the reload button. That dosen't do it either.

I have no problem getting the snow links page or any other web page.

Anybody got any suggestions?

[Edited by Island Lawn on 02-22-2001 at 10:53 PM]
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Don't really have any suggestions for you. I just tried it, and it did work for me. I think there were like 74 different selections to choose from . They all loaded at the same time.

I thought I remember Eric saying something about WebTV users may experience a problem, not sure though.
    Do you use WebTV?

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

For some reason, some are having problems with it. I will redo that page and not use Hoover Buttons, just make the Topic the link. I will try to get this done soon.

It still works fine for me, but if it isn't working for everyone, what good is it. Sorry this has happened.
  4. Scott Campbell

Scott Campbell LawnSite Member

It happened to me too about a week ago, I believe. The good thing was that I was chatting with Eric at the same time and he was able to give me a direct link to what I was looking for. There were a couple of us that night that had the same trouble. I am not on WebTV so that rules me out on that one.

It was exactly the same thing though, the title came up and a few of the blocks. Mostly it was just the grey blocks with no text in them, and no options to go anywhere. Felt like I was losing it. Eric kept telling me it was there, but I couldn't see it. :confused:

He got me what I needed. You can count on the "DBD" to come through in a pinch.
  5. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

not on web tv.
    AOL on a desktop.

Seems especially odd that I can get the snow links page, but not the lawncare page. Every time. For more than a week.
  6. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I was having trouble the other day but my new IBM pcu is having 'NO TROUBLES'.
  7. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I have also been having trouble... Like they are not loading. That is uncommon for me with a cable modem.