Errr Some People

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NPMinc, May 1, 2011.

1. NPMinc

NPMinc LawnSite Member

Just got a call from a shift manager of a McD's I do only the mowing for asking (quite rudely and yes at 815 on Sun nite) why the hell I havent been there to pick up the "half a tree" that fell when we had severe Tstorms and tornados locally on Thursday AM? Mind you my crew mowed this place Wed PM and this is the FIRST call I had regarding this. I explained this to her and she got all huffy and said she would fire me(which she has no power to do as I contract directly with the franchise owner). She then hung up on me. I called the owner who knew nothing about it. I called one of my guys to check it and he told me that this "half a tree" is a single maybe 15 foot branch! I called the owner back and asked him if he would like me to handle this in AM? He said yes, thank you. I then explained to him that we are only contracted to handle the mowing so if they want a service like this I must be notified. I also jokingly told him I would be glad to, for a fee, go inspect the property after any bad weather, to which he laughingly declined and also apologized to me for his managers behavior, and said he would address it. Sorry had to vent!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I know the feeling, but she is stuck working at McDs for just above minimum wage and probably has no future to dream about...

Unless the people who handle your food, like you... Don't eat there...

Just sayin'... :)

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 LawnSite Member

Sounds like that lady is about to learn her place in the food chain. :laugh:

4. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

If the branch was so small why didnt your guy pick it up in the first place then?

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

i think you need to read it again.

6. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Why do I get the impression this guy is also McDonald's management material? : )

7. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

Maybe because your already a graduate from McDonalds U? :)

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Free BigMacs for life at that place???

9. THSG

THSG LawnSite Member

your impressions have been verified*

10. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

And what brought you to that startling revelation? Just because I pointed out something that should have been done in the first place? Grow up.