Errrr....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Apr 12, 2006.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Broke window number 2. Employee did it.

2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Well, one of my employee's, after repeatedly telling him not to, dropped the tailgate all the way down before lifting the hydraulic dump bed. Tailgate caught on the hitch, buckling it in half. $440 to replace. I was less than thrilled.

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Broken windows are par-for-the-course around here. We average 1-2 per year. I dont even get bent outa shape 'bout it anymore. Life goes on.

James

4. grassyfras

Ya I didnt even really say anything about it and just taught it as a lesson.

5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

What window? House or Car? Why u got rocks in the yard? I have never broke a window, nor have I seen a window get broken and I been around this business for over 20 years.

6. grassyfras

It was a storm door, its a small lawn with small rocks in the front bed. When raking or blowing a few can get into the sidwalk edge that is directly infront of the window. Knock on wood that you never broke a window in 20 years.

7. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I accidently did the same thing the other day....... havent fixed it yet but man am I pissed.

8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Aint much of a mystery...edger usually kicks up a rock. Rock + window(car or house) = bad. Hard to believe that in 20 years you have NEVER broken a window; stranger things have happened I suppose. :waving:

James

9. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

My dad has been doing this for over 40 yrs and I dont even recall him telling me about busting a window. We cut 3.5 to 4.5 in around here, Turf type tall fescue. Only way I guess I could see it happening if you guys are cutting really short, maybe bermuda. You guys need to be careful, next post I'm gonna see is how somebody hit their customer in the head with a rock.

10. grassyfras

Its a fescue lawn mowed at 3 inches. Im sure it was a rock in the edge and the trimmer was aiming at the door. Taught the guy a valuble lesson.