errrrr RAIN!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, May 21, 2003.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

JUST WANT TO B**CH A LITTLE.W e have had so much rain I havent gotten a full week of work since I dont know when.:angry: Thank god for those yearly contracts:blob3: :blob4:

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here! I feel your pain.

Jimbo

3. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

it's been a crazy spring here:dizzy:

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Seems like it stays rainy & soggy around here.

5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

rain here today and until monday.sucks because i have 6 lawns to finish up

6. jmcooper

jmcooper LawnSite Member

Rain and more rain. So far I'm only 27 behind for the week and still have Thursday and Fridays to go. In a month we'll probably be wishing for rain.

7. Speedy

Speedy LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

We left early this morning thinking we would get head-start before the rain hit.. Got one yard finished in the rain. You know they have all kinds of blades, but no one has come up with RAIN blades. Okay you engineers get busy.. I know you have the time..
    :D

8. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems like it has rained every thurs. fri. sat. for awhile here. Some idiot customers still asked to be cut closer to the weekend. I usually don't get bugged by these types but when we are one of the few cutters keeping up with our lawns I just tell them to call another company and see what kind of responce you get. One lco asked me to take over 14 lawns and another is 40 behind. Many lcos took on extra lawns in the drought last year to make money and can't keep up in the MONSOON. A lady yesterday told me " this cutting every week has got to stop" I told her it just did. You'll have to get another lawn company because we are doing everything to keep up with our customers lawns. She timidly replied, " oh ! well never mind , keep up the good work"

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Rain is forecast for today, Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday. I have people coming out of the walls asking me to cut their grass. I tell them I am booked up. They'll say "Come on, it's just one more job". I tell them I can hardly do the ones I have now.

10. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you plan to work you or your crews over Memorial weekend if you don't get caught up?The thought bothers me but; we have had 3 rain days and are backed up.