1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Esperience and opinions with a 44" Phazer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LandscapeMasterpieceGA, Apr 18, 2006.

1. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

LandscapeMasterpieceGA LawnSite Member

I can get a pretty good deal (relatively) on a new Exmark 44" Phazer ztr and after comparing prices to decent 36" WBs (floating, hydro), I am leaning towards the ztr. Anyone here have first hand experience with one of these machines? I only do lawns under 20k sf, and 44" seems to be productive and versatile enough to make the price seem like a good value. It is for a solo "lawn boy".

2. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

I forgot the whole purpose of my post! :{
    I meant experience.... on BERMUDA? 1-3" cuts? Mulching? TIA!
  3. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

44" is a godly machine because it gets thry 48" gates, and can do acreage also. pull a roller aerator or cart. I'll never buy another 48 again. just 44's and 60s. When we bought our 44 we sold our 36 walk behind bvecause we used it on 1 lawn after getting the 44
  4. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

thanks cc- anyone else have a 44?

FIVE-0LAWNS LawnSite Member

What engine and pricing are you getting? Can you add a vac bagging system on it? I'm torn between the 44" exmark or the 48" Toro. Thanks
  6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm watching and waiting for some more feedback on this mower myself. I have the lazer hp 48" with essentially the same deck and can testify that it mulches well and gives a nice cut. It might be bettered by some other mowers without the baffles inside when mowing long tall weedpatches, but it's a confidence inspiring mower.

I just have so many gates where a 44" will fit but the 48" won't, so the deck size is nice, especially since it has more trim-edge than the bigger framed HP's used to with the 44" deck. Probably not quite as agile on slopes, but gotta have a walk-behind around anyway.
  7. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

After doing some research and some test driving, I have settled on the new 42" Mini Z from Hustler. It is a full-out commercial grade piece, and WOW what a nice solid piece of equipment. For under $4500 I am excited about this machine. I implore all to check it out.