Essential or Control Dethatcher by Growth Products

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfsolutions, Mar 28, 2003.

1. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use either of these products. If so how were the results. I was interested in the dethatcher product for some of my lawns. Just curious if it actually works.

2. TOTALLAWN OF KY

TOTALLAWN OF KY LawnSite Member

blue bird makes a good thatch matchine

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

The only way to get rid of thatch is with a mechanical dethatcher. If you have a serious thatch problem you might need to break out the sod cutter and start all over again. :) ;) :) ED

4. proper source and quanity of n will help control and prevent thatch (depends also on which grass you are growing.

Chemical thatch control, does it work? I have no experience, but verticutting, aerifying, or applying om (topdress with a humas product) will start breaking down thatch.

Fertilize correctly for the type of grass and growing conditions to minimize chance of having thatch!!!

THATCH SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM WITH CORRECT CULTURAL PRATICES!!!!!!!!

5. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

OK let me try this again. Has anyone had any experience using either of the products I mentioned. To refresh:

Control Dethatcher - a liquid product produced by Growth Products Co.

Essential - a liquid product used for stimulating root orgamisms to aid in correcting CEC problems.

I don't need advice on dethatching or how too properly avoid thatch problems. My question is: Has anyone used these products and if so, what were the results.