1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Essential Tools and Toys For Irrigators

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Kiril, Jan 27, 2009.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My other main tool box I have had just as long. And to top it off, I still have a tool box I made in Metal shop in 8th grade in '84 or '85. Sits in my garage with some tools I never use.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I had 1 15 yrs ago. It lasted about a month.

3. 3G iPhone new truck that ford sent me a brochure on that has on board computer set up. Everything on kiril's list. A new RM remote. A pull behind smoker. A secretary.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I got the same brochure. How about the Tool Link that tracks all your tools that you put the RFID sticker on?

5. Yeah that was a cool truck. I saved the brochure just to look at. Eventually it will hit the trash. I'd love a v8 getting 20plus mpg.

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

You can run a "sonde" down a pipe to locate pipes that do not have conductors in them.
    Also the device can locate live electric lines and radio frequency lines with out any transmitter needed.
    Not worth a darn for locating solenoids though!

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Weeds me out, then.:dizzy:

8. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Neither is Mike :p

9. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Cut through a sewer line today. I didn't call USA first, so it was on my tab. Fortunately I only had to put a concrete collar around the break.

I think sonde is sound in french, but I am not familiar with a device called "sonde". Does it pick up a transmitted sound down any pipe?

Another use of a five gallon bucket, haul concrete up small hill to make a collar around broken sewer pipe.

10. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

INTRODUCING
    THE AMAZING

IRRIBUCKET

THE INDISPENSIBLE IRRIBUCKET IS POSSIBLY THE MOST
    VERSATILE YET SIMPLE TOOL IN AN IRRIGATION TECHNICIAN'S ARSENAL.

NEVER NEEDS CALIBRATING!
    NO BATTERIES NECESSARY!

"It's a parts carrier"
    "No, it's a wheelbarrow"
    "I use mine as a stool!"
    "Uh-uh, it's a Porta-Potty"
    "Makes mixing concrete a snap!"

IRRIBUCKET
    IS ALL THIS AND MORE!

GET YOURS TODAY!
    (available at all BIGBOX STORES and other fine irrigation parts distributors)​