Establishing business hours

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by David Gretzmier, Dec 2, 2012.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

The GFI deal is a difficult one. If it's blatant like the yard guy mowed up your extension cords it's less difficult.

2. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking as a homeowner, getting to my house 24hrs after a call would be great regardless when you answered or returned my call. Having that peace of mind knowing you would arrive to fix something is critical. The Xmas season flies by and each night those lights aren't on, I am feeling seriously cheated as a customer.

Getting charge a fee of 85 bucks each time your truck is my driveway would most likely mean you want be seeing my money next year and I would probably reevaluate getting the job done by anyone or look into someone who hangs home depot lights for 200 dollars.

3. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

I agree with this 100%. We service our customers 24/7 especially when it comes to holiday decorating. Most of the time people who are getting holiday decor are more affluent customers. We strive to satisfy these customers as best we can and if it means coming out at 930 pm we will any day of the week truat me it will pay off. I really got into this when i watched a webinar on selling to the wealthy. The speaker was getting married and it was late and one of his customers had problems with their lights and he left his wedding to fix them. Didnt charge them a cent. His business was the talk of the country club for the next two or three weeks and he got flooded with new customers.

Certainly if the work warrents charging you should but if it something simple like breaker or gcfi i wouldnt bother.
    Posted via Mobile Device