Ester or Amine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Trav, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

Help pls, I need to spray herbicide for weed control on a fairly large commercial property up in the mountains where the tempature for the week is going to be in the 60s as a high for the day. What ester product or other product would I have best control with. Not worried about crab grass but site has clover, spurge ,oxalis, and thistle. thanks.

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Any ester 2,4-D product will do fine.

3. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Turflon Ester is a good choice. Can be added to 3-way products for good-excellent control.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

PBI Gordon's Speedzone!!!!!!!!! This stuff is awesome!!!!!!! The only downside is that it is a little more costly than some of the other esters on the market.

5. slader

slader LawnSite Member

Have you used any salt of dicamba product's. They work great in colder settings.

6. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone, never used any salt of dicamba product's. May go get some speedzone and give it a try. The job is a few hours away so I just want to make sure I dont get a call back. :mad: thanks again. Trav

7. slader

slader LawnSite Member

Salt of Dicamba is the active int. in like 992. You can get it in a more consternate form in Clarity (AG label is Ban val). We have gone back to using 2-4D and using it at like a 8oz per acre rate. It is actually cheaper and alot better results.