Estimate, Auger, Plants/day

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PowerPlay, Feb 14, 2005.

1. PowerPlay

PowerPlay LawnSite Member

I'm an everyday reader here, but rarely post as I normally find everything with a search. But I need a little help on this one please. Putting in a bid on a what would be a large commercial project for me. Here are the plants:

15 2.5" Deciduous trees (cost $90/tree)
    17 1.5" Deciduous trees (cost $90/tree)
    48 6-7' B&B Crepes (cost $40/plant)
    53 10 gal plants, hollies etc. (cost $25/plant)
    231 3 gal plants (cost basis $9/plant)

What would your bid be? Access to the site is good. No concerns. I will rent a skidsteer w/auger. How long would you estimate the plantings to take with me and two guys? Would a dingo w/auger work better for the 3 gals? Soil is clay also. Thanks.

2. PowerPlay

PowerPlay LawnSite Member

Can someone please give an estimate?

3. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Have a replacement warranty of either 1 year (2.5 x your material costs) or 2 years (3 x your material costs) and you can bankroll even more money :)

If they're not interested in replacement warranty and just want something "down and dirty": double the material costs, add taxes + 35% or whatever% is comfortable for your overhead, labor and equip rental (include transit time). We add more for "degree of difficulty" if we have to put down boards for our loaders, or traverse steep or elevated inclines.
    Toro Dingoes or Bobcat Mini's are great idea.

Best Regards

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

As far as using the skid steer I think that you would be better renting a Bobcat MT52 or MT55 or a Dingo 420tx or 425 tx to do the job. These two machines will have no problem spinning a 30" hole in that soil for you. The price range stated already sounds like it will do you fine and make you some good money.

Now go rent yourself a mini skid with a couple of different sized augers and go make some nice money for a 1 1/2 days worth of work for you and the two guys.

Justin

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Assuming the access to all holes is fairly easliy available, and you won't encounter too much rock, I'd go with the MT55 or DW SK500, or even a pair of them for that job. You can rent them for around 2-300.00 per day. Don't forget to add in cost of soil amendments and grow tabs / copolymer gel / mychorrizae for everything. I would be at around $ 16-17K without knowing the exact details and site specifics, and possibly up to 20K with difficulties.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

$20860.00 for me to do it.

7. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

in the same range as Impact