Estimate/Charges for bed maintenance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

How do you figure your time and charges for routine bed maintenance to include in a seasonal bid?

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $.50 to make it, another $.50 to tuck it under, and $1.00 for a mint on the pillow...:p

Hank

3. Lawn-Scapes

:)

4. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah, King size's cost double...:D

5. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

TSG,, the high end residentials that we do got hit with that charge in the middle of this year due to the fact im tired of them waithing till its over grown and then spending hours on end weeding and yanking weeds. I figured it would take me 15 minutes extra every time i was there to do the lawn to pull the weeds. So beings that there is four visits on most months around us i just charged for one man hour at the billing period. Now all that includes is sight pulling the weeds, once the spring clean-up is completed its not difficult if things are kept up. Now the fall clean-ups were gonna be doing get into the tree pruning and cutting back of all perennials and so forth. We are getting ready to evaluate what we have implemented and see how its worked to our advantage. BTW respond to my EMAIL!!!! LOL =)

6. Lawn-Scapes

Rich... I haven't received anything from ya lately. Could be my email account is wacked as usual... Was it important?

7. Guntruck, wow! that is fast. My high end places that I work at, and have worked at in the past take many man hours to do a good job weeding. When doing bed maintenance agreements, I tell the customer at the beginning of the year; this is how often we will be weeding, this is how much it is going to cost you per hour. By now I know how long it takes, give or take an hour time wise. However they pay by the hour without fail.

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnboy:

about 15 minutes <b><i>after</b></i> spring cleanup that will get all of the weeds out. Some of our high ends will take us one to two fulls days to get into shape.

9. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Hehe lawnboy yes that is fast but as syzer and i think i stated its after the initial clean-up. Actually i did have a specific gardena dn property in mind when i replied to this post so its not going to be that way for all jobs. The one i was talking about doesnt have enormous beds and the beds it does have are filled with pachysandra and ivy along with mad liriope, so there isnt much room for weeds if you know what i mean. Sorry , maybe i should have been a little more specific but that was just a particular experiance. =) TSG, nah not important but i sent it when you replied to my last one.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It used to be a common conception that doing bed maintenance just isn't worth it, because of the time it takes, and the fact that you have equipment sitting on the trailer doing nothing. However, here is where you can make some pretty good money, actually, whether it be commercial or residntial. In the Spring, when you sell them the maintenance program, include keeping the beds weeded as part of the program. Hit them with Snaphot at the beginning of the season, and reap the profits. Your actual weding will be very minimal. For the jobs that will want or require a little more detailed or ellaborate work, such as flower care, and so forth, bill as accordingly to hourly rate.;)