1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Estimate due tomorrow, Need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MiksLawncare, Apr 4, 2008.

1. MiksLawncare

MiksLawncare LawnSite Member

Hey i was just wondering what you guys think about laying down 20 or so yards of mulch, as far as pricing what do you recommend the markup to be. This is my first commerical account and i dont know what range i need to be in. I can get mulch for 35 per yard. I will have 2 people working with me. I also need to know how i should price a spring cleanup job i figure with three of us it will take about 2 eight hour days and we are hauling away the debris from the apartment complex. Please give me some advice.
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

about $65 per yard installed
  3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm paying less than half that for mulch. Are you buying wholesale?
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

depends on the type of mulch I am guessing by the price it is colored enviro mulch
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
  6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Shop around for your mulch, that price sounds high.
    Cleanup depends on how much you need to do. How much are you paying the helpers? figure out your costs; labor, dump fees, hauling mulch to site and debris from cleanup...
    Know your costs and you will know what to charge.

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

Your paying less then 17.50 a yard???Is it full of nails and shingles, not dyed, or do you buy 100s of yards up front???
  8. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

i pay 23 for colored and 21 for reg, and that is as many or as few as i need 35 is way to high for anywhere.
  9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a commercial account so you will need to work dirt cheap. You will have to be the lowest bid on it to get it.
    Now as for mulch, Foe double grounf dark its 19 a yard. for diered or black its 24.5 a yard and its prob the best in the surounding states due to the fact the company I buy off of supplys just about everyone around. so 35 is high.

Now when it comes to bidding, how many yards can you lay a hour with the help you have? so you will have about 400 in mulch if its just double ground dark and I would say about 10 hours in laying it and cleaning up. You figure the rest..
  10. deason

deason LawnSite Member