1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate Forms

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LoneStarLawn, Jan 12, 2002.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you use for estimate forms for residential properties?

We send an estimate/agreement through the mail for commercial and we use a general-purpose form (from Adams) that we make more suited to our needs for residential.

The dilemma that I face now is that I want a more standard form for residential so I don’t have to write out descriptions and such. Just something where I can maybe check off services wanted and list a price.

Was also thinking maybe a door hanger estimate for lawn maintenance since alot of our customers are working and are not home when we give the estimate. (I have a supplier for door hangers too)

I can't fit all of the info I want of the forms we use now so I am just looking to see what others use.

PS NEBS estimate form is too much info.... I will probably have to get on custom made.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Alan,

Check out the estimate / proposal template that is in the LawnSite.com store. if you have any questions, e-mail me at LawnCareSuccess.com.

Sean Adams

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was actually trying to ideas as to what kind of paper is used...

I have an idea of what format I want, but was trying to see what people used as their paper...card stock, two-part carbon paper, regular paper....etc.

Just for the ones for residential that sometimes you have to leave at the door.

4. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

we have our own that we devloped with word perfect.

5. stahls2

stahls2 LawnSite Member

LoneStarLawn,

I had an estimate form made up. It is a three part carbonless copy. All you do is fill out client info, square footage, and prices.

Covers:

Lawn Mowing
    Edging
    Fertilizer/Pesticide/Herbicide App.
    Spring/Fall Cleanups
    Shrub/Tree Trimming

It is easy to read, informative, and on the back of each copy has pesticide precautions and emergency numbers. This form was professionally done. Let me know if you would like a copy.

6. RyanCanMow

RyanCanMow LawnSite Member

If you wouldn't mind, could you email me one of your proposals or checklists for your residentials. I would like to have one this year.
    Thanks,
    Ryan email: murphyslawn2000@hotmail.com

7. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

could i also get a copy of that estimte prposal form that be a geat help thanks !!!!!