Estimate/Invoice Sheet Help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Husky03, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Next year I am becoming legit and I am trying to make my image more professional. I need help getting my estimate/bid sheets and invoice sheets together. In the years before I have just used my computer to type up estimate sheets and invoice sheets for larger jobs. I tryed the invoice sheets you can get at office stores also. Do you guys have any templates for these type of things I can see as an example. Also, I am not 18 years old so I am not able to write up any kind of contracts so what do you think the best way to charge people for weekly mowing would be? In the past they just leave me a check or pay me upon completion. Should I try billing them monthly or do you think that would be to risky since they are under no contract?

As for estimates I usually would just eyeball the property and give the customer a price unless they wanted a typed bid from my computer which I would bring back by to them? What is the best way to do this? Should I carry bid sheets with me and just fill in the amounts to give to people after coming up with a price? Do I need any other documents? I appreciate your time.

Thanks... :)

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Here's what I use

Attached Files:

3. Husky03

Expert: I cannot get that to load. It is probably just my computer that I do not know how to operate though. Any other ways of posting it.

Thanks...

4. Expert Lawns

I'll try this..................

img015.jpg

5. Husky03

That works. Do you bill your customers once a month with that invoice? I am concerned about waiting a whole month to send an invoice since I cannot do contracts yet. ;)

Thanks... :)

6. Expert Lawns

Yes, I bill monthly. When I first started out in the lawn business I billed every 2 weeks. Need to stay on top of things

7. Husky03

Do you mail the invoices or do you just leave them at your customers house every two weeks? How long do you give them to get you a check in the mail?

8. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I always mail them, however you could always drop them at the house after you do a mowing/service. I have done that in the past after doing aerations, but once the person claimed to have not received the bill. If you have further questions, feel free to PM me and I can also give you some documents that I have that you can use to modify for your needs.

Thanks, Tim.

9. Expert Lawns

I mail mine also. I print two copies. One stays in the office, and when they send their check, I document the check number, amount paid, and date on my copy of the invoice, then file it. My customers have 15 days to send payment. 2nd notices go out the 16th day with the threat of late fees.

10. Husky03

Do you continue to provide service throughout the whole 15 days?