estimate on 6 shrub install and mulch

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mikefromny, Feb 12, 2006.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

15 ft of mulch needed and 6 shrubs (cost of shrubs $80) what would u charge to mulch over 15ft and install the shrubs

2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

If you mean 15 cubic feet, then I'd say about 75 for the mulch and double the cost of shrubs. Thats about what I would do depending on other factors. Make sure you call and get utilities marked before you dig anywhrere. Good luck

3. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

haha yeah sorry about that 15 square ft , so if its 6 x 80 the actual cost and 75 for the mulch , $1080 ? sounds like a good price to charge?

4. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

So you are saying that the shrubs are $80 each? What type of shrubs are they?

5. mrbray101

im a little confused. Is it 15 square feet, 15 cubic feet of mulch, or 480 sq ft? And is there 6 shrubs at 80 each or 80 for all 6. Sorry I didnt really read it good first and your second post confused me a little more lol.

6. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Im with you Mr. Bray.

7. mrbray101

where are you mike, im kinda curious about this now...

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I'm confused too but I am getting 1035 by his last post explination and if the shrubs are 80ea that sounds like alot for a shrub they must be big or real special.

9. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I agree...is it 80.00 per shrub? I dont know of many shrubs that are $80 each...unless its something like a lacy leaf maple but thats not a shrub...need more info to be able to help you out

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Sir, you need to find out:
    How many cubic feet of mulch (by the way, most of us do it by the yard, not foot). But 15 cu.ft. = 1.65 yards, roughly. You're better off, pricewise, getting 1-2 cubic yards from a mulch distributor instead of buying it by the bag (until you have 15 cubic feet) from Home Depot / Lowe's.

How many bushes, what kind, and the cost of EACH.