1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Estimate on a 66,000 sq ft lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by E E M, May 20, 2008.

1. E E M

E E M LawnSite Member

I have primarily done smaller (under 10,000 sq ft.) lawn work. I got the opportunity to bid on a residential/commercial lawn that is just under 67,000 sq ft. I just bought a husky zero turn and am unsure of the speed in which I can turn this lawn out. It also is going to require line trimming, blown out driveways and hand picking weeds as they sporadically come up under flower beds. I think I have a handle on everything but the actual lawn estimate. Can anyone give me at least a ballpark idea of what a lwan like this would go for with a zero turn? I just need something to gauge it by so i don't over bid and lose the opportunity. Thank you all
  2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Almost 1.5 acres of straight mowing? I would charge $105 - $135 depending on the amount of trimming.

Weeding the beds...depends on what your time is worth to you. For maint. I charge $40 per man hour. I just got into maint. so dont take my word for it.
  3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Evry area across the states will be a little different,here i can get $100 for 1.5 acres. The weeding maintence of the beds will require an hourly figure. Again this will vary due to everyones different overhead to operate there business. We like to make $40-$60 bucks per manhour ,depends on what we are doing .
  4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Base your bid off of your estimated time. When by myself I shoot for $1.00 per minute, and with a helper $1.50 per minute.
  5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i put a bid in on an acre lot for $105 i did not get. this guy was a doctor and he found some one to do it under $50. i would say $105 - $135 depending on much landscap there is and what not. dont sell yourself short it will bit you in the $ss
  6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

When I was up in Ohio, I did a condo complex which was around 67,000 square feet. This was three years ago, but I was charging 125.00 per visit, which includes mowing, trimming and edging of all landscape beds and it took a little over 2 hrs to do, a little longer in spring through, but averaged a little over 2 hrs. :dancing:
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Just for the mowing, this seems a little high ... for the mowing only I'd say about $ 85-90 in this part of the country !!
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Here in NE Ohio it would go for 160-180 Ish