estimate programs?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cklands, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Does anyone use one? I have been doing the pen and paper thing and it works fine. Just curious if there is anything out there that is worth looking into. I carry a laptop with me in the truck anyway. Any suggestions?
  2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Put the pen and paper info into a spread sheet template so you don't have to repeat the tasks over and over. It will then be easy to rework estimates, change prices etc. No program will do a better job than what you are doing if the info you give the program is wrong. It will just repeat the current deficiencies, if any.
  3. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

The way I do it is use my contract as an estamate form as well. I fill in the price's were needed and if hey hire my services and aggree to the contract I put in the dates for service and they sign it. Two forms in one. If anyone wants it for thiere use I will be glad to send it to you.
  4. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Holloway Lawns- I would like to take a look at it. I have been doing the same thing as you. Mine has worked great I am just getting tired of looking at it. My email is Thanks
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I just built my own invoice and estimate computer program. Everything is automated and simple.
  6. Big 12 Lawns

Big 12 Lawns LawnSite Member

Will you send me a copy of your contract? I am always looking for a better way to run my business. My email address is

7. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

I went into Excel and built an estimating spreadsheet. Simply input square feet, a difficulty factor - to compensate for obstacles, hills, etc., and even number of times you will service the lawn - if you want to do a yearly estimate, and it will figure it all up. (Boy is that a long sentence!:) ). On the same estimate sheet I have catagories for areating, fertilizing, shrub trimming, etc. It's not too hard to do once you get a grasp of Excel.