Estimate Question, kind of weird

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Adam3669, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

When I am going out to give estimates, do you think it would help my success any by taking the trailer with me with all my equipment in it? I was thinking this would show the potential customer that I do run all commercial equipment. BTW it would be a Stander in the trailer... or is this just foolish?
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I do not think that taking your equipment with you on an estimate will improve your closing ratio, and if it does it would be a very small percentage. I think that the only thing that you would gain is an increased gas bill at the pump, because it will burn more gas hauling all that equipment around everywhere you go. jmo.
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

If its clean and organized it couldnt hurt.
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think that a clean lettered truck would give the same effect. If you are just trying to come off looking professional.
  5. cbelawn

cbelawn LawnSite Member

I know the first time i show up at a new job, the comments about the equipment shows that thay never expected a profesional. but then again seeing what you have may thing you have a big bill to pay! :)
  6. Adamma Landscape Group

Adamma Landscape Group LawnSite Member

Why don't you try it and give us a feed back. May be it is a good idea. :laugh:
  7. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

I always go and price jobs in the trucks my audi is a little pimped out so I don't feel it's as professional, but as far as equipment goes for getting the job I dont think it really matters.
  8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, trailer isn't really nessesary if your not working.