1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

estimate sheet for customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by G&Plawn, Mar 9, 2004.

1. G&Plawn

G&Plawn LawnSite Member

Hey i am trying to put together a estimate sheet that i will be happy to share when im finshed putting it together. I guess the purpouse would mostly be for my own records of estimates along with a paper estimate that i could hand to the customer. I would like to ask what you guys would put on an estimate sheet if you were to create one or what you look for in general when you do an estimate.
    yes i am new to lawn care but not so much that i dont do good estimates. I m just a bit out of practice since i havent been doing anything since the end of october. i would sure appreciate any help.
  2. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

I use CLIP software for my formal estimates and storing of estimate cust. information. http://www.clip.com I use a 2 page carbon for my informal estimates. The informal carbon is simply a blank estimate form with logo and address. It works well in the field because you can take notes, obtain cust. information and give a price as well. I then go back to the office and enter the information into CLIP and fax, mail or hand deliver the formal estimate if the customer so desires. You will find some customers don't need or want formal est.

I cannot really advise you on the layout of your estimate forms. I hope this helps.
  3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I usually use One of the sheets that I have attached, and just fill one out for the customer. I have two One Office Copy, One Customer Copy. You can add or change any of the services You like. This is just a general estimate form. I usually take it home and put all of this info on the computer, and file the document.
    Hope this helps

Attached Files:

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi G&PLawn,

Here is another estimate sample that may help you further.