Estimate Sheet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ChadsLawn, May 12, 2007.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have a Estimate sheet that they use for a potential customer's I can look at?

2. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I have a bid sheet and so does my foreman, but no....clients are not to look at them. I suppose it would not hurt if they did, but it just isn't very professional in my eyes. It's none of their business what the guy down the raod is being charged for our services. We measure the lawn, take the square footage, find the square footage on the bid chart, and give them a price plus tax. Works very well for us, but everyone has their own way of making this work best for them.

3. Midwest Lawn Services

just another few words of wisdom, NEVER give an estimate over the phone. I did this only a few times when I first started and got burned!:hammerhead: Clients as a rule of thumb have no idea how big their turf actually is.

4. ChadsLawn

I mean a sheet where you write the estimate down for the customer to give to them.

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to Staples and get a bid memo book. Its like $5 for 50 sheets. Thats what I use and I show it/leave it with the customer but before work begins they have to sign and return it to me.

6. Midwest Lawn Services

Yes. I misunderstood you. Every customer gets a mailed estimate which details the specifics of the services we will be providing including the price, location of the site, telephone numbers, date of estimate, pricing, ect. That way there is no chance for confusion. We also take the opportunity to then send them a brochure, refridgerator magnet, and a $25 refferal coupon for those customers taking us on for the season. Hope that helps.

7. ChadsLawn

do you have 1 I can look at to get some ideas from?

8. ChadsLawn

Bump to the top.....

9. Midwest Lawn Services

I am not at the office right now so I can not let you see one, but Monday I can load one up for you...if I can remember!!!!:hammerhead:

10. ChadsLawn

Thanks you...