estimate this lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, May 24, 2002.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

How would you price out this job? Specs- 22ksqft thick lawn 470 ft of trimming -clippings need to be collected and dumped 20 to 30 feet on another side of a stone wall. I was given this job and now almost wish I hadn't taken it. more info 2 men with 52 hydro w/b 45 minutes of cutting ( 90 total) 5-10 trim- blow
    Thanks for any info

2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

forgot price old landscaper was charging $55 per time

3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

4. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

45 min for 22k sq of cutting w/ 2 men? 90 TOTAL!?! One holding each handle of the w/b?

Seriously though... if this isn't a joke, a 22k sq lawn usually takes 45 min for me alone... bagged. Add 20 min to trim (including edge)470ft of trimming is nothing... and you can dump the grass there!!! For free... Whats the problem?

I get $75 for a high end 22k lawn bagged here... grass dumped in woods. Keep in mind, this is a super manicured, ultra-meticulous, walker-cut, edged-beds-every-week-lawn. If its an s-hole... it should be even faster, maybe $60. In my neck of the woods, $55 is a little on the cheap side... although you can dump there, so maybe not.

5. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

i would bid 65 per cut and would not bag. mulch clippings is better for lawn. 70-75 to bag

Scot

6. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt do it.

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Ditto.

8. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Me three

LAWNS AND MOWER

9. fastrunner