Estimate this!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lamblawnscaping, Mar 5, 2002.

1. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

Just want to see what the various prices around the country are for this job. I just bid on planting a 170 linear foot border of "big blue" liriope. They need to look good now, so they need to be pretty much touching and of a good width, so nothing smaller than one gallon pots probably. The spacing will depend on how big they come at your local nursury. I submitted the bid today, and I think the guy is pretty shocked at my numbers. Let me know what you all would do it for.

Thanks
    Chris Lamb
    Lamb Lawnscaping

2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't give much info.. but here's my quote:

170 Liriope = $3000.00 - $3400.00 installed.

3. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response PAPS, I feel a little better about my bid now. What other information would you like.

4. PAPS

No..no info. needed unless there are some variables that are important that you left out?... otherwise.. if its as simple as planting 170 (1) gal. Liriopes, then I'd bid about $2800.00 -low end to $3400.00 highest.

5. RoyeDillon

RoyeDillon LawnSite Member

Very hard to tell how to bid cause you siad they need to be touching. Did they want them two wide or three. Just for 170 only they won't be touching right away. My area 170 cost 4.5 - 5 for that many probably could get them for 3.99 in quantity. $1695.75 installed for 170 1 gal. any other variables? For $ about 3400 could plant 340.

6. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I would do the job for $1700.00

7. PAPS

My cost is about $8.00 for a (1) ga. liriope... thats why I would bid higher. I would install ea. plant for about $16-$20.

8. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

PAPS

You need to find a better nursery. I can get 1 gal lirope for $3.73 each at Statile. Or when I place a larger order from another supplier that delivers to me I can get them for $2.95 each.

9. PAPS

Opps..My bad, just checked the book and... i actually only pay $4.50 on (1) gal. liriopes..... not $8.00

So my estimate would be....$1800.00 - $2000.00 ;)

10. camby

camby LawnSite Member
    from nj

If you order from Classic Groundcovers in Georgia, 1 gallon Liriope are $2.75. They normally arrive in 3 days here. The bare root plants look great also.