estimate your income loss from the drought

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhardin53, Jun 18, 2007.

1. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a chance a rain tonight, but we would need over a inch to even green up again. Then another 2" to get back to a regular schedule in a week or two.

With your predicted rain forecast what do you figure the drought will effected your income this year?

For me at least 25%

2. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

im only mowing 25% of my lawns now. that number is dropping every week.

3. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

We are probably up 25% ours are contracts.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

going to mow most customers this week but if we don't get any rain soon that may be the last time we mow for awhile. We've been mowing every other week and every 3 wks on some.

5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are done as of today with mowing for a good couple weeks without rain; except for the 5 or so that have sprinklers...:rolleyes: But it's starting to rain right now though....thank the lord!:usflag:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Without rain, this will be our last full week I can see

7. NewWave

NewWave LawnSite Member

I say we are down 15% or so in mowing. Alot of our people have irrigation. The ones that dont and dont water have turned into straw yards. We need a solid week of rain!

Thank god we do irrigation and landscape.

8. Fleming Lawn Services

Fleming Lawn Services LawnSite Member

hardly cutting anything, i think i need another job in the mean time to pay the bills!!!!!

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Way to early to even give a guess what it will be. We will probably miss at least 2 mowings in June and who knows what July and August will bring. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

JP

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really that bad. I lucked out by the grace of god and 3/4 of my maintenance contracts are all irrigated, so still mowing nice tall green grass every week. A few of the non-watered ones I still cut weekly because they have alot of shade and just refuse to stop growing. The other couple few have been moved to bi-weekly. So I am not worrying too much about it, yet. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow here, which will help as long as it doesnt just pour for 15 mintues then nothing.....that is rather pointless.